Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Realty Check Present Day

So, I began this blog and intend to finish it but am taking some time to reflect. Reader's would have learned quickly that my mother in law, decided to estrange herself from her flesh and blood grandchildren to punish us for whatever reasons over her son's death.

It is January 10th 2012 and I just got an email from friends in TN who kept in touch, saying they just found out she died January 1st. I have mixed feelings, sadness that it didn't have to be this way, confused at times over just how deep into the rabbit hole her relationship went with her son, and relief.

I am sitting here drinking a glass of wine. Recalling a horrific letter I got in the mail from her about 6 years or so ago, where she detailed every horrible thing about me, and seemed to be hell bent on avenging her son's suicide. Oh, I saved it and showed sheriff who at the time happened to live next door, and he read it and said he'd be highly concerned that she'd broken with reality.  In it, she stated biblical verses saying "Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord" while suggesting she was the one God may have chosen to mete out the vengeance.

So before I go back to my continuance, I'm going to take some time to reflect on another ending that was out there with unknowns until today.

No comments:

Post a Comment